Just like apple chips or other types of dried fruit chips, you can make delicious chips out of pumpkin. And it only takes about 30 minutes to prepare this healthy snack. Serve them with ground cinnamon dusted on top or sprinkle some salt and cut up a lime. Do you like them sweet or salty?
- 1 small “pumpkin pie” pumpkin
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Coarse salt (optional)
- Slice pumpkin thinly into wedges about 1 inch wide. You can even leave the skin on the pumpkin. It has a tougher texture but also crisps up. It’s up to you. Pumpkin will shrink significantly because of its high water content, so make sure your slices are big enough.
- Spread onto baking sheet. Bake at 220F for about 20-30 minutes or until pumpkin chips begin to crisp.
- Turn off oven and let pumpkins sit in oven while oven cools. Remove after about 20 minutes and pumpkin chips should be crunchy.
- Dust chips with ground cinnamon or sprinkle coarse salt and serve with lime wedges. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- The chips will lose some of their crunch and become more soft and chewy after the first day.