Chop these strips in three and voila! Chicken nuggets for lunch the next day. Serve with celery and carrot sticks with a tablespoon of low fat ranch dressing. Nom!
Total hands-on time once you have all of the ingredients measured out and ready is 20 minutes: 10 for prep, 10 for cooking.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- ¼ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ cups light coconut milk
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 ½ tablespoons red curry paste
- ¾ cup roasted, salted cashews
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cup multigrain cereal flakes, crushed
- 1 10-ounce bag baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken into 3-by ½ inch strips; season with salt and pepper.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together one cup of the coconut milk, the skim milk, and 1 ½ tablespoons of the curry paste.
- In a food processor, pulse together the cashews and coconut until finely chopped. (This can also be done on a cutting board if you don’t have a food processor). Add the cornflakes and pulse until coarse. Transfer mixture to a wide, shallow bowl.
- One by one, dip the chicken into the coconut milk mixture, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Place the chicken in the cashew mixture and turn to coat evenly. Transfer each chicken finger to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken fingers in the oven, turning once halfway through, until they are golden all over, about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, whisk together the remaining ¼ cup coconut milk and remaining 2 tablespoons of curry paste. Divide the spinach on plates and top with the chicken fingers. Drizzle the chicken fingers and spinach with sauce and serve.