Asparagus coated in panko bread crumbs and parmesan and baked until golden brown and crispy. 🙂 If you’re looking for a carb cutback, try flaxseed or oatmeal instead of the panko bread crumbs!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 2
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dredge the asparagus in the flour, dip in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 7-13 minutes.
- Nutrition Facts: Calories 312, Fat 8g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 172mg, Sodium 174mg, Carbs 44g (Fiber 6g, Sugars 5g), Protein 19g