Here is a moist, delicious, healthy dessert recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth without going overboard with less healthy alternatives. It’s easy to bake and freeze!
Makes 8-10 servings
Ready in 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup packed coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a loaf pan (approx. 9×5 inches) with cooking spray for baking. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until well-combined. Set aside.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Slowly fold in the dry ingredients, followed by the zucchini, coconut and dark chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
- 4. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.