Apple Cider! You’ll see it all season long, and luckily, it’s one of the healthier choices next to the fattening hot chocolate and eggnog drinks. And there’s lots of health benefits to drinking unsweetened apple cider – here’s a few of our faves:
- they lower risk of cardiovascular disease
- have loads of antioxidants which help protect the body from free radicals in the environment
- keeps blood sugar from spiking
So how about mixing that yummy holiday favorite in your smoothie? Well here’s a recipe that’s sure to be your favorite long after the holidays are over!
- 1 cup unsweetened apple cider
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 banana
- 1 date
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix well for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!