Recipe: Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Feta Cheese
Now you can enjoy brussel sprouts with another level of flavor. These make great appetizers and side dishes. They're also great for parties!
- ½ lb. brussel sprouts
- 2 strips of turkey bacon (optional)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup feta (or blue cheese) crumbles
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If using turkey bacon, cook strips in non-stick pan, set aside.
- Wash and cut the brussel sprouts in half.
- Re-heat the pan with the bacon drippings on medium high heat, add brussel sprouts to pan, cut side down.
- Flip brussel sprouts once they’ve turned golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cook uncovered until the stock is all soaked into the sprouts, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the sprouts are cooking, place balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan, cook over medium high heat until reduced by half, 6-8 minutes.
- Chop up cooked bacon into small bits.
- Combine cooked brussel sprouts, turkey bacon, feta cheese crumbles, thyme flowers, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Dish sprouts onto plate, drizzle balsamic reduction over the top of the sprouts.
Viance Nutrition http://blog.viance.com/