A one-bowl wonder of quinoa, grilled chicken and veggies. It’s as perfect for a weeknight meal as it is served at a summer barbecue potluck.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: Approximately 1 cup
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- ¾ cup pesto (store bought is fine)
- 12 oz grilled chicken breast (do in advance)
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 — 14.5 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- Some cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine dry quinoa and chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large sealable baggie, place grilled chicken breast, lemon juice, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, paprika and onion powder. Seal bag and shake, set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat add olive oil, kale, cauliflower and carrots.
- Sauté until carrots are al denté, add garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add tomatoes, quinoa, chicken mixture and combine. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in pesto. Garnish with cilantro.
- Nutrition Information
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 15g