These turkey lettuce tacos are delicious and light! On nights you want to go low-carb, forgo the taco shells and use lettuce wraps instead!
- 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 tbs. taco seasoning mix, organic
- 1 c. bell pepper, any color, organic
- 1 red onion, organic
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, organic
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves, organic
- 1 cup water
- Cook the ground turkey, diced onion and diced bell pepper in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain. Return to skillet, add water and taco seasoning, stir well. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Tear 8 romaine lettuce leaves from the center of the bunch. Spoon meat mixture into center of lettuce. Top with diced tomatoes and shredded cheese. Pick it up and eat it like a taco!